Thursday, March 5, 2009

Blessings

If I was the kind of person who counted her blessings, very high on the list would be our wonderful ayi Ling Ling.

Yesterday I was home sick. Not feeling badly, not stuffed up or headachy - I was genuinely sick, as sick as a dog and didn't move from my bed all day.

Mostly I slept, but when I woke up I could hear lots of noises from the other side of the door.
Running noises - he's small, but sounds a bit like a wild elephant.
Talking noises - Ling Ling talks away in Chinese and Blake grunts back in his own sweet baby language.
Crying noises and comforting noises.

We don't see eye to eye on everything. I think Blake should eat meals in his chair and Ling Ling allows him to graze all day in his play area. And we will never resolve the 'how many layers of clothes does he really need' debate. But it doesn't matter. What really matters, what is so so so important, what makes me the luckiest working mom in the world, is that Blake is loved and cared for by a kind, compassionate woman in our home where he is safe and happy.

I definitely should start counting my blessings because I have a lot to be thankful for.

A little while ago I blogged about Blake's new nighttime snuggles. Here is a picture of Blake cuddling with his dad on his way to bed. Beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. Amy,
    This post brought tears to my eyes. I am not sure I have ever heard anyone say so many nice things about their ayi before. When we were there it seemed to be a sport to see who could complain the loudest about the horrible things their ayi would do.
    Your little boy is precious. I hope we will get to see him again someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Amy,
    Your post brought tears to my eyes. I don't think I have ever heard anyone ever say so many nice things about their ayi. The entire time we were there it seemed to be a sport to see who could complain the loudest about the horrible things their ayi had done.
    Your little boy is precious. I hope we will get to see him again someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, you are a wonderful Mom and we are so pleased that Ling Ling loves Blake as she does. Thanks be to God -- we truly are blessed.
    Love Pat and Larry

    ReplyDelete