Saturday, May 2, 2009

Gumboots

We have a shallow little stream in our compound that Blake has been dying to get into. It's only a few centimeters deep, but too wet to wear sneakers in so Scott and I have been on the lookout for baby gumboots. An article in Shanghai Parents and Kids sent us to the underground market at the Science and Technology Museum - a place I normally avoid like the avian flu. We found the store straight away and they did have lots of lovely little boots .... for girls and one pair of boots for boys. So we snatched up two pair - one that fits now and one that will fit later.

According to the side of the boots - these are Thomas the Tank Engine boots. I will bet my right eye that the good people at Thomas have never seen these boots. You can't read the little trucks on the boots so let me tell you what they say. Cram Cream. I'm not sure what Cram Cream is, but it just doesn't sound good.

Blake had a lot of fun trying them out in the apartment and we can't wait to wade in the stream tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Blake
    Love those boots. Good for the puddles too. Don't get into contaminated streams --- Brett had no luck in the draft. Take care
    Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was tough but I think I did it!! Will he keep those boots on? Luv G'ma

    ReplyDelete